Friday, February 22, 2013

   Well here is my first posting on the Haiti Life Blog and I hope that I can make you feel as if you are right here with us in Haiti and be able to see our everyday life and work as we serve here.
   My name's Jon Hofer and someone has introduced me to you all on the last post, so I really don't have much more to say except that I covet your prayers as I serve here for a short while, especially in the area of language learning. I am still recovering from a nasty virus since I got here on the 12th and I want to thank each of you who interceded for me, I felt the prayers being answered.
   I would encourage anyone who feels led to write a comment and even suggestions of pictures and different things you would like to see and I will do my best to get them for you.
Glenden Hofer.
Cutting a strip of metal of the church roof to make a gutter, so that we can collect the water in the cistern.

Here you can see the gutter hanging on the inside of the building.


Myron Zook.
Hurricane ripped the veranda of the nurses apartment and here you can see the frame work going up for the new one.
The job got done, turned out very good.

Eugene Waldner.
Hurricane damaged the school roof quite badly and new trusses and tin got put on awhile ago, here you can see Eugene is welding on reinforcement bars to the trusses.

Glenden Hofer.
Anchoring the reinforcement bars to the walls. Hope it holds Glenden!!!!!


This is a very common sight here in Haiti!!! Wow always something to fix.

Julian Hege.
Julian did a good job building that ramp, remember as a person gets older its harder to bend down!!!!!!!!!!!!


More Fixing. The road between Petit Goave and the base here in Allegre never ceases to amaze me, !!!WOW!!! scenery is beautiful but the road is rough and it takes 2 to 2.5 hours to travel 14 miles, so you can imagine what the road is like. So by the time we get to the mission base a person is very tired.
Here the boys are digging drainage trenches in the road, actually this is on "Jack Rabbit" hill, preparing for rainy season, this way the water has a chance to leave the road instead of running down and washing the road out entirely.
Steve Simmons.
 I pray, Steve that your ears never get too tired to listen, you're doing good, keep it up.
                                     

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the pics! Thanks for the update, we really appreciate seeing what everyone is doing.Trusting and praying that God will continue to bring good health and strength for the work He has called all of you to.
    JZ

    ReplyDelete