Thursday, May 23, 2013

Marcile's Life in Haiti


   I woke up to a beautiful morning, the sun shining brightly, birds chirping and a sound that's not so beautiful.... the gate clanging, I wondered if the gate guard was maybe a bit lazy because the clanging went on for a while or maybe the one at the gate was a bit impatient.
   As I looked at the day ahead of me I expected it to be a busy one. With Steve's gone I have more responsibility, Like taking care of the milk program, making and preparing meals and basically just keep things going in the house.
   Yesterday was milk program, so I grabbed the mop and broom to clean the other house while I waited for people to come.
   While scrubbing and sweeping I hear some one calling my name, my first lady was here for milk. Taking her card I find out how much milk powder the baby gets. After giving the Madam the milk, she rambles off some words to me that I can't quite understand. Finally I realize that she thinks she needs more milk, oh no!!!, what will I do now. I was sure I gave her what she needed. I let her sit while I took care of the other people then came back to the first lady, I paced the porch trying to figure out what could be wrong. Finally realizing that they are trying to get me to give them more milk than what they need.
   Laundry is one of my other jobs, the sun is a welcome sight when laundry needs to be done. Making food for the workers and every one here takes up some of my forenoon, although I'm thankful that when a day looks too busy we can just give the workers money.
   I feel blessed to serve in all the little details, and to see God work in the hearts and lives of the people around us!

Hanging laundry.

Language learning, in spare time. Never far from the kitchen work!!!!!!!!

Starting on the milk program...........

1 comment:

  1. God bless you Marcile, as you serve in all the "little" things.....yet very big and important!
    love you much! your sis. Cloie

    ReplyDelete