Saturday, April 27, 2013

A day in the life of Delwyn. (Serving Jesus as a mechanic)

THIS COULD BE YOU!!!!
Well, this morning our day had a fairly normal beginning; woke up, had my quiet time, got ready for the day, and headed over to the other house for breakfast. After a great breakfast of biscuits and gravy, we discussed the days plans. (which included writing this!)

Then I went down to the shop and helped grandpa get tools and supplies for his days adventures, (working on the dozer shed) and then commenced with my projects.  The first one was working on the gator's horn, which wasn't overly successful...  the next project was cleaning the shop, which, is something that could consume several days time... but, I just sorta did the best I could in a couple hours, amid plenty of "interruptions" :-) but, what we so easily call "interruptions"  might actually be "divine appointments".  As various people (a drunk neighbor, or the gardener, or a brother from church, ect...) bring their tools for sharpening or repair/welding, it is another opportunity to show the love of Christ; Even though I don't know the language, and it may seem small, unimportant, and inconvenient. How much do they appreciate it? I don't know, but I think the impact might be more than we realize... 

Then, after lunch, me and Steve started the exciting venture of zapping some batteries. We have some old batteries around here that no longer hold a charge. So after some research online, we decided to hook them up to the welder... then once they got their nearly instant charge, we took a heavy cable and crossed the terminals, to completely discharged them. And then we repeated the process 7 more times.  Some of the onlookers seemed a bit dubious and concerned, but I think it all turned out okay...  Now the battery seems to be working, so I hope it was worth it!  :-)

Then we headed into the house for some wonderful supper, after which, we spent a while visiting, relaxing, and recounting the day's happenings. And then we headed off to our cozy beds for some sweet rest! :) 

Another day had come and gone. What was done, was done, what was said, was said. The question now is; did we serve Christ today?  I think we did.
As I've been here a few months now, it really doesn't seem like it's been that long. But, in just a few weeks it will be time to leave... have I done my best for Jesus? Or was I just "putting in time"?  My prayer is that I've been an example of Christ to others, during my time here.



Starting to clean the shop.
Welding a ratio for a Haitian, 19 welding roads, over 60 pieces
and over 240 welds, very time consuming but rewarding



All the pieces for the ratio.
One of the batteries, ready for recharging. Notice the name on the side????!!!!!!


Notice the lap top sitting there?
READ INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE RECHARGING BATTERIES!!!!!!!!
(Home Made Idea)

Steve is testing the waters!!!



One of the many machetes that need to be sharpened, Good Job Delwyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment